Friday, March 13, 2020

Pi Day and extended break


Hello Families.
What a day it has been.  As you know, things are changing rapidly.  We are now on an extended spring break.  In today's Friday Folders, I have included computer access to all of the learning programs we use in school.  You will find copies of your child's Clever badge, Zearn, Raz-Kids and Lexia (if they use it) logins.  Other than the Clever badges, these are the same things I sent home in their last report cards.  It would be great if students can work on one of these programs for 15-20 minutes a day.  Of course, they are welcome to do more.  Also, please keep your kiddos reading.  If I get my act together, I might send some digital learning assignments home next week so we can try it out.  We shall see.  Also, Ms. Hilton tells me that there are some good resources on the Atkinson library web page which can be reached through the Atkinson school website or my blog.
At this point, students are due to report back to school on Wednesday, April 1 (no joke!).  However, things are changing quickly, so check emails, etc.
The office delivered a letter from the district with information on resources that will be made available during the break.  This includes information on how students can obtain meals.  This letter came after we had packed Friday Folders, so it may be stuffed in your kiddo's backpack in an unexpected place.
If your child was absent today, I will scan computer access info so you can have it for the vacation.
If you have any questions, please give me a call or send an email.
Stay well and I look forward to seeing you all on April 1.

Congratulations to Elias for memorizing 100 digits of Pi!!!!  Way to go Elias!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment