Friday, November 22, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello Families of Room 108!

I am sorry that it has been 3 weeks since my last blog post. Things have been busy!  Conferences are next week, and I look forward to sitting down with each of you to discuss your wonderful children.  You will be getting a conference reminder in today's Friday Folder.  Please double check your calendar. If the date or time no longer works for you, please send me an email so we can find a different time.  Conferences are a great time for us to catch up and for me to get your perspective on how your child's 2nd grade year is going.  

Also, there are NO behavior sheets coming home today.  It has been a busy week and I did not get them all filled out. 

Fire Safety:
A couple of weeks ago, Emmett's dad, Ryan, came in to share some fire safety tips.  Check out the photos below!




















In Science, we are continuing our study of properties of matter. Today, students did an experiment with aluminum, cloth and styrofoam to determine which of these materials was the most insulating and which was the most conductive.

Below are pictures from a couple of weeks ago when students used information about the properties of different materials to design a hat to protect them on a desert island.








And finally, the Portland Water Bureau come to school and presented an assembly on the Bull Run Watershed and how we can work to conserve and protect our water sources.




I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I look forward to seeing you at conferences.



No comments:

Post a Comment